- About us and what you need to know
- Information that is collected
- How the collected information is used
- Compliance Statements by Rapid Visas’ EU GDPR
- Responsibilities for transfers moving forward
- How information is collected
- How your information is protected by Rapid Visas
- Correction and access to data
- Opting out from our communication channels
- Length of time we keep your information
- Contact us
- Other links
- Failure to give information and the consequences
About us and what you need to know
This site is meant for adults only (18+). The only time where we gather information from children is when an application pertaining to a passport or visa service applies to a person under 18.
Information that is collected
Rapid Visa collects private information from email, text messages, Online Visa Assessments, and data collecting forms on our site. Our site enables cookies to track the location of each visitor when arriving at our site. This is used for visitors that arrive from affiliated websites or other intentional sources on the internet. Access to every page is logged in our filed. These log files are looked at every month to see how calculate the number of visitors at Rapid Visa, which pages they spent the most time in, and from where they came to the site. The information gathered is not distributed to anyone that is outside Rapid Visa.
How the collected information is used
The private information that you give on our website is never distributed, and only used for the reasons submitted, unless you provide written authority. Correspondence duplicates sent out from this site that has personal data is archived for backup and record-keeping only.
When you complete the Online Assessment, you give permission for Rapid Visa to contact you for future marketing campaigns only. These come in the form of email, phone calls, mail, text messaging, and other formats.
In order to lawfully protect your privacy, Rapid Visa cannot give our your private information to any third-party that asks us, even if this is done on your behalf. This applies to family members as well. Your information will only be given out if you give us consent.
We also use the collected information to share with other companies that we work with for immigration and visa related services. The EU GDPR gives out the requirements for sharing data. These requirements are listed below.
- For the purpose of improving our goods and services, give better customer service, and spot new market opportunities.
- For the required response, by law, to the demand from a government agency that complies with governmental security and needs of law enforcement agencies
Compliance Statements by Rapid Visas’ EU GDPR
Rapid Visa is adamant about the protection of the security and privacy of your personal data. We use the information you provide us through Rapid Visa to give you the most favorable experience with our goods and services. We work with a Global Privacy Program that is dedicated to protecting all the personal data collected through our site. They also help make sure that the personal data collected is properly handled around the world. These rights are given to Rapid Visa when you place your order:
- Rights to gather your personal data
- Rights to process your personal data
- Rights to distribute your personal data with other government bodies and 3rd-party organizations on an as-needed basis. This includes application centers for visas, authorities of government, companies that deal with logistics, invitation providers, and/or solicitors and translators that pertain to your service and request.
You have the right to refuse consent whenever. However, we legally do not lean on your consent except for the use of your personal information for marketing and direct marketing via phone, email, snail mail, or texts. You can contact us and opt-out of our marketing communications at any moment.
Responsibilities for transfers moving forward
- Personal information for very specific instances will be treated in agreement with the involved party’s consent to the given data;
- The third-party will have the same protection-level to your data that we do. If they cannot adhere, we will be notified; and
- Processing of personal information by the agent for specific and limited purposes;
- Equal level of privacy protection by the agent
We do our best to make sure that the privacy, integrity, and security of the personal data given on our website, and we look over and make updates to our measures of security with the current technological landscape in mine. However, given the constant updates in the technological landscape, the information provided on the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be kept secure. However, we will do our best to make sure we take all the steps needed to provide protection to your personal data you give us through our website and services. When do receive your data, we do our best to keep its security within our systems.
How information is collected
We have two ways that we collect your data, and these include:
- Direct methods: these are collected when you provide your contact, identity, and financial data in our forms, or by talking to us via phone, mail, email, or another method. This refers to the personal information you give us when you:
- Submit an application or question for passport or visa services
- Make an account on our site
- Add yourself as a subscriber to our publications and newsletters
- Ask for marketing
- Enter a promotion, survey, or competition
- Provide feedback
- Automated methods: when you use our site, technical information about what equipment you are using, and your browsing movements might be automatically gathered. This type of data is collected through the use of server logs, cookies, or other technologies.
How your information is protected by Rapid Visas
The necessary security measures have been put in place to make sure your private information is not lost accidentally, accessed or used in a way that is not authorized, changed, or divulged. We also limit the access employees, contractors, or agents can have to your data, as well as the access for third parties who need some of the data. They can only see your data on our terms and are subject to confidentiality.
We have procedures in order to address any suspicions of data breach and we will give you notice about any potential breaches whenever we are legally mandated to. We also have organizational and technical precautions (including complicity with industry standards) in the prevention of misuse, loss, or non-authorized changes to your private information. That said, nothing on the internet is one hundred percent secure, and although we do our best to ensure that your personal information is protected, we cannot guarantee this.
Correction and access to data
You can access and make requests to correct any of the personal information that we have of you. The website allows you to change, update, and access your private information for Rapid Visas. Another option to make changes to your personal information is to call our dedicated Customer Service team at 0845-224-9482. If you have already received a visa and would like to change the information on that visa, you can do so through our Rapid Visa Online Service Center.
Opting out from our communication channels
Users can choose to stop receiving communications from us upon request. They can do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0845-224-9482.
Length of time we keep your information
Your personal information is kept only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes it was collected for. These purposes can include to fulfil any reporting, accounting, or legal requirements.
We consider the quantity, sensitivity, and nature of the personal information given to us, as well as the harm or risk of non-authorized disclosure or use of your personal information. We weight this against the reasons the personal information is being processed for, and whether this information is absolutely necessary, and the legality requirements. From there, we decide how long the information is retained.
Details of how long the personal data you provide is retained for different uses is outlined below:
For people that apply to passports and visas, we keep your information for six years or for however long the passport or visa you applied for is valid. Whichever serves the longest period between the passport or visa is the one that marks the length of validity.
For questions about visa or passport services, we hold you information until after your travel date.
By law, we are also required to keep our customer’s information regarding identity, contact, and transaction and financial data for six years after they stop requesting our services for tax implications.
There are times when customers can ask us to erase their data. To do so, see Request Erasure (below) for more information.
There are times when we make your data anonymous, and thus no longer related to you, for statistical or research reasons. If that is the case, we can use this information indefinitely without provided you any notice.
Failure to give information and the consequences
If for any reason you are unable to provide your personal data, we might not be able to fulfil your request of provide goods and services.
The internet provides security risks, along with the communication done through it and the applications used. Rapid Visas is not responsible for losses or damages, whether done directly or indirectly, whether they are consequential or incidental, punitive or special, that come from the non-authorized change, deletions, exposure, and use of the information provided. This pertains to whether it is confidential or non-confidencial, unauthorized accesses to the system, or other security breaches or system failures. Warranties that pertain to software or hardware used to grant security and hold up this website, including warranties that are implied, fit for a specific reason or not, direct, special, or damages with consequences, are not claimed by Rapid Visas. All employees and officers of Rapid Visas, as well as affiliates, partners, successors, assigns, subsidiaries, and third-party agents cannot, indirectly or directly, be held responsible to you of any other customer for misuse, inaccuracy, errors, viruses, hackers, and outsider interceptions that cause the deletion of data or services. These include but are not limited to the delivery and transmission of services.